Orlando Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
If you were injured on the job in Central Florida and need to apply for workers’ compensation benefits, call J. Michael Matthews, P.A., in Longwood. Attorney Matthews has more than 40 years of experience assisting injured workers with workers’ compensation claims and will help you get the benefits you are entitled to, including:
- Medical treatment: You are entitled to receive paid medical treatment by an approved health care provider. You are also entitled to change your doctor if you are dissatisfied, as long as the doctor you change to is also an approved provider.
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD): These are weekly pay benefits equal to approximately two-thirds of your average weekly earnings in the 52 weeks prior to your accident or work-related disability.
- Temporary Partial Disability (TPD): If you are able to work through your injury at a reduced earnings capacity, you are entitled to receive weekly pay benefits equal to two-thirds of the reduction in your pay, until you are back in your regular job position.
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD): You are entitled to accept a settlement for an amount based on a schedule of partial disabilities published by the Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation. Your attorney may negotiate a lump-sum settlement based on the amount, rather than weekly benefits.
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD): You are entitled to receive a negotiated settlement, either paid out weekly or in a lump sum.
- Survivors’ benefits: If you are the surviving spouse of a worker who suffered fatal injuries or a fatal medical condition related to work, we can help you recover workers’ compensation survivors’ benefits.
Short-Term And Long-Term Disability
We can also help you with your application and appeal for short-term or long-term disability for injuries and medical conditions not related to work.
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
After suffering a permanent long-term disability, we can also help you apply for Social Security Disability benefits through the federal SSDI program.
Contact Us To Speak With A Lawyer About Your Work Injury In Central Florida
From our offices in Longwood, we represent clients throughout the Orlando metropolitan area. Call us at 407-278-8418 or send an email requesting an opportunity to speak with attorney J. Michael Matthews today.